FIRST TRAINING

We had our first training session with Jane on Friday. We placed the most significant emphasis on the position and the impact of my hands. The goal in the following training sessions is to get to what I call a 'fluffy cloud stage' as soon as possible (mare relaxed, ready to work, leaning head down, collection, soft on hand, long, correct steps, feeling like you're sitting on a 'fluffy cloud'). When I finally thought I knew the mare to the last bit, this training revealed to me that there was still a lot of unknown and undiscovered. While it will not be easy to change deep-rooted habits that have proven to be wrong, I look forward to improving and can hardly wait to see the results that will show after a few months of being here.

Jane was absolutely amazing, and I really like her training style. Not only does she say something needs to be done, but she also connects consequences with anatomy, physiology, and behaviour. With this, I am not only refined in riding but also the knowledge and performance of the rider and the horse. It also enables me to see the world from a different angle and trough Milka's eyes which helps a lot. I notice huge differences between coaching in Slovenia, and generally in Central Europe and England. I think a lot could be learned from them, especially about the well-being and care of horses.

Comments